An education based on peace and non-violence
Known personality: Gandhi, lawyer
In India, the International Day of Non-Violence is January 30th (birth of Gandhi). TIS is an emancipatory and humanistic school.
Autonomy, Respect, Openness. Communication, conflict resolution and cultural tolerance are qualities that the school strongly encourages and that students need to develop.
The development and autonomy of each are also two important points that are developed throughout their academic progress.
The educational philosophy of the school places a strong emphasis on critical thinking, creativity and achievement.
By providing the child with activities to make him more independent, he is allowed to take some insurance while teaching him new skills. It helps to develop qualities such as calm, concentration, cooperation, mutual help, sociability. It helps to build self-confidence, self-esteem, love of knowledge and taste for effort. He learns to make choices, to take responsibility.
A child happy to come to school is a happy child to learn.
The strengths of TIS
Among the many strong points of the Tahiti International School, we will particularly remember these:
- Teaching 4 foreign languages (FR, EN, ES, CHN)
- limited classes
- competence, experience, motivation, continuing education of faculty
- "gift" courses (methodology, exam preparation, philosophy and general culture from the 4th year)
- personalized follow-up of each student
- child-teacher-parent cooperation
- reading time, speaking, assembly, speaking in public
- no teacher absenteeism
- schedules (classes begin at 8:20, from Monday to Friday all day)
- the situation of the school and its swimming lessons in the lagoon
- school open to parents every day and all day
A stimulation of the creative sense of each
The philosophy of Tahiti International School is to promote, in a way spontaneous development of all aspects of the child's personality. One of the primary goals of education is to develop the child's objective foundation for self-esteem.
TIS aims to develop the child's habit of work, concentration and organization, understanding instructions. The development of everyone's creative sense is part of it.